COVID-19 Testing Fort Lauderdale and Hollywood
Instant Medical Care – Urgent Care Walk in Clinic in Fort Lauderdale offers the following types of COVID-19 testing. Residents and tourists in Fort Lauderdale, Davie, Lauderhill, Hollywood, North Miami Beach and all Broward and Miami-Dade counties, walk in clinic, no need for appointments, average waiting time 15 minutes:
- A diagnostic test tells you if you have a current infection. Tests are sent to an outside lab, and results are available within several days. These tests are considered very accurate when properly performed by a healthcare professional.
- A rapid test is another type of diagnostic test that makes results available in minutes if analyzed onsite at a testing center. These tests may be less accurate and miss some cases.
- An antigen test is a newer test that detects certain proteins that are part of the virus and can produce results in minutes. A positive antigen test result is considered very accurate, but there’s an increased chance of false negative results — meaning it’s possible to be infected with the virus but have negative antigen test results. Depending on the situation, the doctor may recommend a molecular test to confirm a negative antigen test result.
- An antibody test might tell you if you had a past infection. An antibody test might not show if you have a current infection because it can take 1–3 weeks after infection for your body to make antibodies. Having antibodies to the virus that causes COVID-19 might provide protection from getting infected with the virus again. If it does, it is unknown how much protection the antibodies might provide or how long this protection might last.
Exposed or tested positive? Look out for an official call from COVID-19 contact tracers.
If you or someone you have been in contact with tests positive for COVID-19, public health professionals will call to help you identify the time frame when you may have been contagious and recall your close contacts during that time.
Answer calls from (833) 917-2880, (833) 443-5364, (850) 583-2419 or county health departments to discuss potential exposure to COVID-19 with a contact tracer.
A contact tracer will NEVER:
- ask for your Social Security number
- ask for private financial information
- ask for credit card information
- send you a link without proper authentication procedures
Save the contact tracer numbers in your contacts so you never miss the call
Contact Urgent Care Walk in Clinic in Fort Lauderdale today if you have any questions:
Instant Medical Care
Call us: (954) 200-6001
It’s our mission to make it as easy and discreet as possible for you to be tested. We offer the convenience of walk-in clinic hours so testing can be done anytime that works best for you. Take care of your health and prevent any unpleasant situations with your health